Thursday, December 3, 2009

Penetrating into the Cruel Reality

I guess people who will realise how difficult and cruel is the real society when they start to look for jobs. The word “pity” does not exist in their dictionary, and you will need to sacrifice in order to secure a position no matter how talented and skilful you are.

I have finally get to experience this by seeking internship vacancies in banks lately. Now, I am able to stop wondering why some of my peers are so realistic and mature in their career prospects. It is undoubtedly difficult to find a relevant internship position especially for one who is applying so late. All I can find are those located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, which I would never sacrifice the traffic jam stress to get to there for an internship.

Furthermore, companies normally recruit on a first-come-first-serve basis with reasonable qualifications, and their preferences would very unlikely be first-year undergraduates. These factors absolutely put me at a disadvantage, all because I thought I was going to Australia next year and I won’t be able to intern now.

However, networking plays an important role here. If one is able to know the right people, it would be so much easier to secure the relevant post. Conversely, one who is unknown will have to take the long road. This is the lesson that I have learnt and I will make the world know who is Chin Wynn very soon!

2 comments:

crappy booze said...

Dear cousin, welcome to the real world. Harsh reality eh?

Dun worry too much, i'm sure you've got more than enough knowledge to navigate through it.

Wynn Chin said...

yeap, thanks for ur support
lucky i found an internship at hsbc, working there now
bet ur beng yu?